Federal F&A and Fringe Benefit Rates
Harvard Chan School F&A and Fringe Benefit Signed Rate Agreement Harvard Chan School (effective 4/29/20)
- Federal proposals must use the negotiated rate for future years.
- Industry sponsored proposals: The Harvard Chan School applies its current federally approved rate to the Total Direct Cost (TDC) base
- Harvard Chan School F&A Rates
- Harvard Chan School FY20 Fringe Benefits Rate
- Harvard Chan School FY21 Fringe Benefits Rates
- Harvard Benefits Office FY21 Stipendee Post Doc Rate (The budgeted FY21 Stipendee Post Doc rate (object code 6450) will be assessed a flat rate of $9,180 per year, or $765 per month.)
- Quick Reference Faculty/Academic/Staff Position Job Code Fringe FY21
F&A Related Policies and Resources
- Indirect Costs - Policy for the Application of Indirect Costs to Sponsored Projects
- On-Campus and Off-Campus Indirect Cost Rates Policy on Federal Sponsored Awards
- Subrecipient vs Contractor Guidance
- Historic Federal F&A Rate Agreements
- Disclosure Statements and Audits
- Budgeting IDC for Multiple Subcontracts
The University and the Harvard Chan School are committed to the recovery of the facilities and administrative costs incurred to support the performance of non-federal sponsored activities. For reasons of sound management and equitable stewardship of resources used in support of all sponsored activities, the University requires that non-federal sponsored projects attempt to recover the indirect costs of sponsored activity.
Non-Federal IDC Budget Tool
- Non-Federal IDC Budget Tool One-Page Version The Harvard Chan School requires the completion of the IDC Budget Tool for all non-federal proposals. The One-page Non-Federal IDC Budget Tool is to be used for all non-federally sponsored proposals regardless of dollar amount.
- Full Version IDC Non-Federal Budget Tool Although no longer required the full version of the tool it is still available for departments preferring this version.
- Non-Federal IDC Budget Tool, Recovery of In-Lieu Business Process Make sure to follow this business process when completing the IDC Budget Tool.