Faculty, Academic, and Staff Summary Worksheet - FY23

The Faculty, Academic, and Staff Summary Worksheet serves as a cheat sheet for Research Administrators. It includes a consolidated list of PeopleSoft & HSPH Titles, Job Codes, Object Codes, Fringe, Payroll Frequency, and other details useful for journals and budgeting. The FY23 version includes updated appointment types, FY23 fringe rates, and new columns with Wasabi Journal type, and Wasabi Cost Share Journal type. The worksheet is administered by the Learning & Development Team and updated annually. If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Neira.

Notes:

Excel version of table below: Faculty, Academic, and Staff Summary Worksheet for Research Administrators FY23 

PeopleSoft Title HSPH Title Job Code Object Code HSPH FY23 Fringe Benefits Eligible Payroll Wasabi Journal  Type Wasabi Cost Share Journal Types Notes
Senior Faculty (F)                  
Professor, Chaired Professor 000022 6010 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For primary tenured professors with endowed chairs
Professor Professor 000032 6010 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For primary tenured professors
Professor, Secondary Professor (2nd) 000033 6010 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For secondary professor appointments
Professor in Residence, Term Professor (term) 000041 6010 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For non-practice term professors
Professor in Residence, Term Chaired Professor (term) 000042 6010 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For non-practice term professors with endowed chairs
Professor of Practice Professor (term) 000052 6010 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For practice term professors
Professor of Practice, Chaired Professor (term) 000054 6010 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For practice term professors with endowed chairs
Professor, Multi-Year Adjunct Adjunct Professor 000044 6010 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For all adjunct professors
Professor, Research Research Professor 000122 6010 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Emeritus (Non-Teaching) Professor, Emeritus 000102 6010 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Junior Faculty (J)                  
Professor, Associate Associate Professor 000152 6020 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For primary associate professor appointments
Professor, Associate Chaired Associate Professor 000192 6020 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For primary associate professors with endowed chairs
Professor, Associate Secondary Associate Professor (2nd) 000153 6020 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For secondary associate professor appointments
Professor, Assistant Assistant Professor 000202 6020 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For primary assistant professor appointments
Professor, Assistant Chaired Assistant Professor 000263 6020 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For primary assistant professors with endowed chairs
Professor, Assistant Secondary Assistant Professor (2nd) 000203 6020 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For secondary assistant professor appointments
Professor, Associate Adjunct Adjunct Associate Professor 000212 6020 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Professor, Assistant Adjunct Adjunct Assistant Professor 000222 6020 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Lecturer, Senior (Faculty) Senior Lecturer 000300 6020 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For primary senior lecturer appointments
Lecturer (faculty) Lecturer 000302 6020 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 For primary lecturer appointments
Other Academic (O)  Annual appointments                  
Professor, Visiting Visiting Professor 000082 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Professor, Visiting Assistant Visiting Assistant Professor 000172 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Professor, Visiting Associate Visiting Associate Professor 000182 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Lecturer, Visiting Visiting Lecturer 000382 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Lecturer, Adjunct Adjunct Lecturer 000392 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Lecturer, Annual Lecturer (annual) 000322 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Instructor, Non-Convertible Instructor 000046 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Scientist, Visiting Visiting Scientist 017202 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Scholar, Visiting (EE) Takemi, Fogarty, or Occupational Medicine Residency Fellows 69603 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 Fellows in specific fellowship programs; not traditional postdocs; eligible for benefits
Research Associate (Other Fac)  Research Associate 61103 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92 Fellows in specific fellowship programs; not traditional postdocs; eligible for benefits
Research Scientist, Principal Principal Research Scientist 061603 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Research Scientist, Senior Senior Research Scientist 061604 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Research Scientist Research Scientist 061605 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly 78 92  
Member of the Faculty Member of the Faculty 010000 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly      
Dean (Faculty) Dean 010011 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly      
Dean, Associate (Faculty) Associate Dean 010030 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly      
Dean, Assistant (Faculty) Assistant Dean 010031 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly      
Chairman (Faculty) Chairman 010040 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly     HSPH department chairs
Director, Acting (Faculty) Acting Director 012111 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly      
Director (Faculty) Director 012121 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly      
Director, Assistant (Faculty) Assistant Director 012131 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly      
Director, Associate (Faculty) Associate Director 012151 6030 23.3% Yes* monthly      
Post Doctoral Research Fellow                  
Fellow, Post Doc (EE) Internal Post Docs (Y)
Research Fellow (Employee)
069591 6150 26.5% Yes* monthly 78 92 Postdoc whose salary support generally comes from a research grant; working on a Harvard PI project; eligible for extended benefits
Research Fellow (Stip) Ext Post Docs Harvard Research (Z)
Research Fellow (Stipendee)
069599 6450 **Stipendee Post Docs (object code 6450) will be assessed a flat rate of $9,536 per year, or $797 per month in FY23 Yes*  monthly 78 92 Benefits note *(except for pre‐tax benefits such as TDA and flexible spending accounts)
Postdoc whose salary support generally comes from a training grant (e.g., T32) or other fellowship; working on a Harvard PI project; eligible for extended benefits
Also for ALL UNPAID POSTDOCS
Fellow, Dept/Prog (Stip)
Scholar, Visiting
External Post Docs NHR (N)                    Research Fellow (Stipendee)
Takemi, Fogarty, or Occupational Medicine Residency Fellows
069649
069602
6452
6452
NA No monthly 78 n/a NOT working on a Harvard PI project; NOT eligible for benefits
Fellows in specific fellowship programs; NOT traditional postdocs; NOT eligible for benefits; funding from external sources only
Temporary Academic                  
Temporary Course Instructor N/A 700041 6120 9.9% No monthly 76 92  
Temporary Academic Service   700043   9.9% No monthly 76 92  
Visiting Grad Student Visiting Grad Student 000081 6120 9.9% No monthly 76 92  
          * Eligible for benefits if actual annual salary is minimum of $15,000 or FTE is at least 0.5
Employees Employees are managed through the Human Resources Office.  Departments work with HR to post position, screen candidates for interviews, check references, determine salary and coordinate offer. https://hr.harvard.edu/salary-ranges#ranges
Exempt Employees
(Admin & Professional)
    6050 38.3%- (29.4% + 8.9%)  vacation.   Total fringe = 38.3% Yes*  bi-weekly 77 93 Vacation salary for exempts and nonexempts (6052 and 6072) will also be assessed the regular fringe rate, but vacation pay and related regular fringe will be immediately reimbursed to tubs through an automated allocation in separate object codes set up for this purpose (6054 + 6274 for exempts; 6074 + 6284 for nonexempts).      
Non-exempt Employees
(Support Staff - HUCTW)
    6070 55%- (45.7% + 9.3%)  vacation.  Total  fringe = 55% Yes*  bi-weekly 77 93 Vacation payouts for exempts and non exempts will also be assessed the extra comp fringe rate but vacation payouts and related extra compensation fringe will be immediately reimbursed to tubs through an automated allocation in separate object codes set up for this purpose (6206 for exempts, 6208 for nonexempts, and 6323 for extra comp fringe). 
Temporary Staff     6120 8.0% No weekly 76 14 May hire temp for max of 90 days.  Interns may be hired for >90 days (job code 100011)
Temporary Harvard Student   GSU0009 6110 8.0% no hourly  76 14 Hourly research assistant role, in the student union
Temporary Harvard Student   700030 6110 0% No weekly 76 14 Administrative role, not a research assistant role and not in the student union
Less Than Half-Time (LHT) Employees   403109 6071 45.7% No weekly 76 14 Maximum  of 14 hours/week
Research Assistant Graduate Student   61202 6140 0% No monthly 83 n/a  
          * Eligible for benefits if actual annual salary is minimum of $15,000 or FTE is at least 0.5