Source: NIH Post
The January 25, 2023 implementation date for the new Data Management and Sharing (DMS) Policy is right around the corner. Now is a great time to explore the many resources and materials to help the community prepare for the new policy. Webinar recordings and materials are now available on the Learning page of the NIH Scientific Data Sharing website. We encourage you to view the recordings if you missed the live events.
In August and September, NIH hosted a 2-part webinar series to help the community understand the DMS policy and answer your questions.
Part I of the series was dedicated to understanding the policy basics and covered topics including:
- Expectations of the DMS policy
- Policy applicability
- Preparing DMS Plans
- Considerations for sharing data responsibly
In Part II of the series, we took a deeper dive into the policy and covered topics including:
- Protecting privacy when sharing data from human research participants;
- Responsible management and sharing of American Indian and Alaska Native participant data;
- The interaction of the Genomic Data Sharing Policy with the Data Management and Sharing Policy; and
- Other topics including intellectual property, informed consent, secondary research, and timelines for sharing.
Don’t forget to consult our DMS Policy Overview page to review the expectations of the policy and dig into the details.