There are some brief updates to three sponsored policies and an update to the Travel and Reimbursement Guidance:
- Appendix G: Requirements for Travel Expenses Charged to Federal Awards or Cost Share Funds: The recent update edited language to provide additional clarification and incorporated travel guidance from the Sponsored Expenditure Guidelines.
- Cost Transfer Policy Resources: Several resource documents were updated to incorporate references to the new GL-PCR tool. One FAQ was added regarding how the GL-PCR adjustments appear on the Transaction Listing (TL).
- Stipends on Sponsored Awards: As part of routine review of policies, this guidance was reviewed and edited for further clarification.
- Travel and Reimbursement Guidance effective October 29, 2021- This applies to Harvard faculty, students, postdocs, and staff only for business expense reimbursements. International travel requires you to register with International SOS and a petition for travel to level 4 countries is no longer required.
For questions on any of these updates, please contact Christyne Anderson in the Office for Sponsored Programs.
Dear Concur Delegate, Concur Approvers (including COA) and Corporate Cardholders,
Per the memo sent out by Alan M. Garber, Katie Lapp, Mark C. Elliott, and Giang T. Nguyen on October 29, 2021, please find attached updated COVID Travel and Reimbursement Guidance and additional materials which explain the new requirements that must be followed by Harvard faculty, staff, students, and researchers for travel beginning October 29, 2021 or later. Please read and share with appropriate faculty and staff.
In addition to current guidance which requires Harvard faculty, staff, students, and researchers to submit a completed vaccination attestation form or letter from the Office of the Vice Provost for International Affairs (VPIA) approving a petition to travel when submitting a reimbursement request, Harvard faculty, staff, students, and researchers traveling internationally on or after October 29 must register with International SOS and submit the auto-generated email confirmation with their airfare reimbursement request (sample email included in the COVID Travel Guidance)
Reimbursement Request Requirements must submit the following:
- Receipts, following Harvard policy and local school or unit processes.
- Vaccination Attestation Form or travel petition exception letter from the OVPIA (if not vaccinated).
For International Travel:
- If using a preferred agency such as BCD Travel, Travel Collaborative, Milne Travel or Egencia, travelers will be registered automatically with International SOS and would submit the International SOS auto-generated email confirmation (attach to header of report)
- If not using a preferred agency, the traveler must register with International SOS and submit the auto-generated email confirmation (attach to header of report)
- If traveler did not register with International SOS prior to their travel, they must submit Missing International Travel Registration form
Please note: Approvers are responsible for confirming that the attestation form or petition approval email as well as International SOS registration confirmation (if traveling internationally) has been included in the reimbursement request.
- New Travel Guidance including the new update for SOS registration for international travel
- Missing International Travel Registration Form (used if SOS registration was not obtained for international travel)
- Travel at a Glance – a summary of travel documentation requirements