IMPORTANT: ALL sponsored proposals MUST be routed to and reviewed by the Harvard Chan School SPA office, whether or not the sponsor requires an institutional signature and/or allows the proposal to be submitted directly by the PI.
Please Note: Use the Proposal Submission Deadline Calculator to ensure that you meet required deadlines for submitting to SPA. If a proposal deadline for internal review is missed, please refer to the Late Proposal Policy, submit a Late Proposal Notification Form, and SPA will complete an Expedited Review.
Proposal Deadlines for Internal Review
10 BUSINESS DAYS prior to Sponsor due date, by 10 am EST:
- Due to Department: Draft of application, including subcontract materials if applicable, is due from PI to department
7 BUSINESS DAYS prior to Sponsor due date, by 10 am EST:
- Due to SPA: Final application (when Harvard is Prime) is due from department to SRA. Note: On rare occasions the PI may choose to continue editing the science past the 7-day deadline but please be aware some modifications to science can trigger Provost review or impact the administrative components of a proposal requiring additional SPA review. If a PI chooses to revise the science after the deadline, we cannot guarantee submission will occur by the deadline.
- Due to Department: Draft RPPRs (Continuations & Finals), Subaward proposals (when Harvard is not Prime), and Supplements are due from the PI to department
5 BUSINESS DAYS prior to Sponsor Due date by 10 am EST:
- Due to SPA: Final RPPRs (Continuations & Finals), Subaward proposals, and Supplements are sent from department to SRA
- Due to Provost: Proposals including Internal proposals) meeting Provost Criteria are sent to the Office of the Provost by SPA. The Provost Criteria can be found at this link