How do I apply for an export license?

If it is determined that your activity requires an export license, yourExport Control Administrator will work with you to submit a license request to the appropriate regulatory body on your behalf. It is important to note that obtaining an export license from the Commerce Department usually takes 30 days; a license from the State Department can take several months; and a license from the Treasury Department can take 3-6 months.  Although there is no guarantee that a license will be granted, all three regulatory licenses have granted licenses to Harvard for the conduct of research.
See also: Export Controls