Agreement Types

There are several types of research-related agreements that researchers, faculty, and administrators may encounter. They vary by the goal and nature of the engagement, as well as the identity of the other party. Principal Investigators and research staff should check with their department/SPA office BEFORE signing any type of agreement, as the agreement may require review by the OGC, OTD, or other University office. This includes, but is not limited to collaboration, consulting or related service agreements (involving faculty...

Read more about Agreement Types

Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)

What is an MOU?


A memorandum of understanding (MOU) is an agreement between two or more parties/institutions. MOUs are not legally binding, but serve to document each collaborator’s expectations or intentions.  The Office of Regulatory Affairs and Research Compliance is responsible for reviewing, negotiating and approving the draft MOU before final approval by the Dean.

To learn more about MOUs or if you would like to obtain a Harvard Chan School MOU...

Read more about Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)